Thursday, June 9, 2011

My bi-annual update...

You know how some people update their blogs all the time, always giving you new and exciting information...Well I have tried very hard to not inundate you all with too much of whats going on in my world as I know you live busy lives...I hope you appreciate my hard work and efforts! ( JOKING...)

I guess what sparked my newest surge of musical energy has to be the invite to perform at David Bash's 6th Annual Vancouver International Pop Overthrow... It's an honour, and I am so thrilled that this year I can do it.
The last time I played at the Railway club in Vancouver was again at one of his festivals.

I have a couple of new songs that have been recorded and are on Reverb Nation . Both of them have Lindsay Martell singing and playing with me, and both were recorded by Chris Aiken...I will attach the lyrics for 'A Song By You ' and ' Mountains and Moons' here...

Anyways, it seems that since I have had my daughter, I go through different motivational levels. On one end I feel like I can still work on my own music, and have people that will be interested to feeling a little bit depressed and unmotivated... Maybe I was always like this, maybe everybody is always like this. One thing I have learned though is to welcome the energy surge when it comes, and hope that it lasts long enough to get a new song created..
Thanks for listening and reading.
Much love, Camille

Song By You- Camille Miller 2011

Since you went away, not so long ago.
You're a mystery, a haunting melody that I 
Used to sing out loud, used to feel so tall.
Now alone I stand and I feel a shadow casting down on me.

Far Away, Far Away
Standing where you used to be. You're somewhat of a mystery to me now.
Far Away, You've gone to stay.
Everything that I ever knew, was written in a song by you...

Funny how this life is so full of change.
I never realized how I had gone and changed inside, until I
put a record on, that we used to sing.
Now the melodies, ahhhh, they just don't sing for me, cause you are

Far Away, Far Away
Standing where you used to be. You're somewhat of a mystery to me now.
Far Away, You've gone to stay.
Everything that I ever knew, was written in a song by you...

Standing where you used to be, a song in need of harmony.
Every tear that I ever cried, you turned into a lullaby...






No comments: