Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 2008

Well I thought I would start this note off with a little "Positive-SELF-
Motivational Comments"....

I guess the TITLE is the Self Motivating part of the Note....The rest will just ramble on, occasionally lightly grazing on a topic of semi-importance only to quickly disintegrate into some form of childish potty humour that tries to find a parallel between being a musician and being Un-Employed..... I digress........
Well I have come to the conclusion that of all the things I am really bad at....UPDATING my musical life has to be THE worst....So I thought I would make a New Years resolution, and this time I am going to try it out for a while BEFORE the New Year with hopes that I get really good at it by the 1st of January....If it’s not working out, I still have time to change my resolution to something I KNOW I can accomplish, like slowing down my intake of really hard drugs.
(JOKING)

Some of you have already checked out the little video (Shameless Plug- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtYxD74rvfk )
I did last month with my good friend Mischa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUL9OpHhtQ)....That was a blast.... We received a FACTOR grant and were able to squeeze in an interview as well... It was a great couple of days working with Mischa, and the whole process was made even smoother by the help of my roommates Amanda Pesklevits and Kyle Seller. I even managed to give myself an official "Wrawk-Injury"....It was SUCH a Spinal Tap moment.....You will have to check out the video to witness the injury in its full glory.....HeeHee

I will be spending quite a bit of time this year in Warsaw, and am really excited to start my weekly gig at The Tortilla Factory (http://www.warsawtortillafactory.pl/) every Thursday evening from 9pm onward-Starting on the 15th of January...... This will be a great place to practice playing the tunes that Nick and I have written over the last few years...I find I spend quite a bit more time learning tunes for the cover band, so that I get to a point where I am scared to play my own stuff....SO this will be a very good experience....I also look forward to learning some new cover material that I can play with just an acoustic guitar.....Any suggestions or requests are welcome..... With being over on the other side of the pond, so to speak I want to finally get over to Ireland, I have a friend there..She is a great Singer/Songwriter/Beer Drinker..Might be able to try to bribe her into getting me a gig (http://www.farrellspence.com) also will try to get a couple of shows in England with my friends from "All The Fires" (http://www.myspace.com/allthefires)... Ben and Rose played with Nick and I when we did some shows a couple of years back across the UK....We were sort of like a Modern day ABBA, except not as good or As well paid.....HeeHeeHee...
I have really seen such a change in the music industry as I have come to know it.....A lot of changes are great, really allowing the independent artist to work as hard as they can, and with that hard work comes the knowledge that we can reap personal benefits that once were kept only for "The majors" ( Deli Trays are WAY cheaper than they used to be in The 70's and DRUGS, well there is such a bigger choice now)

On the other hand I find whatever market there is for the independent artist, it is saturated and often leaves the artist ,wait who am I kidding here....Often leaves me feeling overwhelmed with so many online options, that I often don't know where to begin...When I feel this way, instead of "soldiering through”, I tend to go to sleep......Ahhhhhh, Now here is a topic I could talk about forever.....NAPPING People are often going on about how "Well Read" so and so is....BlahBlahBlah....I would way rather spend my time around someone who is "Nice and Well Napped".....

I would like to ask you a question...(Such a big assumption that people are reading this...)

I want to buy MERCH...I mean not just little stickers and Artsy Man-Thongs...I really want to have some cool things for peeps to buy at my future shows...I mean once five or 6 people have bought the album and burned copies for all there friends, I find trying to sell the album a little bit more difficult......LOL
BUT Fancy merch is harder to burn copies of.....I think...

I would like your suggestions...

PLEASE suggest....I shall get on it ...I promise.

Thanks for reading this my friends....As I mentioned earlier, I will be better at this this New Year.
I won’t let you down...

Love you all,
Love me back..

No comments: