Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Is it a Canadian thing? Or am I just REALLY passive aggressive?..

Okay, so I am standing in a line up, waiting to get a warm croissant for my 2 year old. (I think I just gagged a little with that opening line.I didn't even know what a croissant was until a couple of years ago.)There are 4 people lined up, and 8 people working behind the counter. (I use the term 'working' very loosely) I order my croissant, pay, and stand at the end of the counter waiting for it. Meanwhile, I am complaining very quietly to no one in particular and in English. ( I am living in Colombia, I often assume no one speaks English.) Such comments like: "how many Fu&*ing people does it take to warm a croissant" and " don't put it in the oven again, its melting", and " I ONLY wanted one of the  croissants that you already have, I didn't expect you all to bake me a fresh one". Anyways, a lovely Colombian guy leans over my shoulder, and asks me in English if I would like him to pass on some of my messages....Well what do I say in return?
" Oh, no...it's fine, I don't mind waiting...Sorry for complaining so loudly, I didn't really mean it."
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? The guy just looked at me like I was crazy, in fact he kind of looked sorry for me....Is it a Canadian thing? Or am I just getting even MORE passive aggressive in my mid-age?

4 comments:

Jim said...

Missed your chance to tell him to F- off in Polish. :)

Unknown said...

With my luck, there would have been a Polish guy who could also speak Spanish, who would have translated on my sentiments. Can't win! Will have to learn to keep my complaints to myself!

Jaime said...

hahah, and now you're going to mull over it for the next week thinking of better responses (at least you can mull over it with a beer!!)

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Beer....Can't wait till you guys get here!
And yes, you are right, I was thinking all day today ( not the whole day, just on and off throughout the day...lol) of wittier comments!