Wednesday, May 2, 2012

For Hannah

Hey Hannah, right now you probably do not understand what is happening. That is ok, I don't understand things all the time, and I am a grownup.We are moving again. I know you can tell something is happening as different groups of families come into our home and walk around looking in each room, trying to decide if they would like to live here. I know it is especially hard for you when children you have never met before quietly walk up to your toys and start playing with them. I promise you, no one is going to take your toys. No one is going to take your bed, or sleep in your bed. We will have people come and pack up all of your things and Mommy and Daddy's things into big boxes, and I promise you at some point in the future, you will see all of these things again. I also know that when you see these things again, you may not want them or care for them. Mommy and Daddy feel the same way. Our things that we have, are not important really....They are familiar and comfortable and friendly, but all of that you will constantly find in your life. You will find brand new friends that instantly are familiar and comfortable and friendly, you will find new places and new foods and new bedrooms with sneaky closets and funky corners that give you  the feeling of all of the toys you have now.
I am so proud of who you are. I already ( and have for a long time now) know who you are going to be.
You are strong. You are thoughtful. You are extremely gentle and compassionate. I am lucky to be your mother as I am lucky to be my mother's daughter. You have such an amazing family. Grandma  and Granda Cat, Grandma and Granddad Torchy, Auntie Debbie, Auntie Gina, Uncle Mike and Uncle Stu...Your best friend Sophie, Scarlett,Jojo, Iris and Vlad...
When we leave here, and go to our house in Canada, you get to see Francis....You get to see Rudy and Dexter and your cousins Noah and Kyle...All of these wonderful people in your life, will allow you to forget that people come into your house and put your things in boxes. I promise you.
This will happen over and over again in your life, and it will make you strong and compassionate.
While all of this is happening, you can have as many popsicles at the park as you want, and we will go to the park as many times as you want....well, maybe not as many times as you want, but often.
Love Mom.

No comments: