Friday, September 12, 2014

Camille Miller and her UK Guilty Bird Band- 'Road Grannied and approved for all ages!'

Well I do like my rooftops!
I sing about them, I have promo pictures taken with me sprinting across them in dangerously-high-heeled-boots...As one does of course...But now I am setting up my living room on the rooftop terrace at Escola Sao Paulo, and along with my friend Caetano Malta, we will be hanging out and making some music for anyone who would like to come and share in the arts/smells/sounds and tastes that make Sao Paulo so diverse.
Saturday the 20th of September, is the 2nd anniversary of SP Night Market- created originally as an outlet for Jaime Chamberlain to sell her FABULOUS cupcakes, it has now grown into A Sampa Bazaar with live music, showcasing specially selected vendors ranging from gourmet food, wine, art, fashion and accessories while providing networking opportunities among like-minded individuals.
I am honoured to get to have my first show since arriving in Sao Paulo a month ago, here at this funky venue!

I also wanted to give you all a quick update regarding touring dates for the UK this December!

I am thinking of naming this tour:
The 'Camille Miller and her Guilty Bird Band - Road Grannied and approved for all ages'- Tour!

I say this as I am in the midst of trying to convince Hannah and Sam's UK Grandma and Grandpa that it would be fun if we ALL went on part of this tour together...You know, a nice family drive down to Cornwall for a couple of days...a few days of short car rides here and there...a lot of sitting around, even more coffee drinking, cold weather, most likely rain...I am SURE the kids and G'Ma and G'Pa would have MORE fun coming with me, than staying in a cozy house in Bristol, playing with the neighbours kids...watching cartoons, being spoiled by G'ma and G'pa....hmmmmmmmmmm. WHO am I kidding...


Here are the dates so far: I have a couple of more to be confirmed and am thrilled to be back playing with my UK version of The Guilty Birds Band, Bob Wilson on Drums, Kevin Jefferies on Bass, Ben Morgan on Guitar, and a MYSTERY person on BGs ( we haven't found them yet...But we will!)


December 9th- The New Inn, Tywardreath UK(w/Guilty Birds Band)

December 10th- 1 hour Radio Show on AIR 107.2 
The Community Radio Station for Weymouth & Portland. Broadcasting on 107.2 FM and online at www.aironair.co.uk
December 11th- Mama Stones, Exeter (w/Guilty Birds Band)
December 12th- Portland Arms, Weymouth (solo show)
December 13th- House Concert, Dorset (Solo Show)
December 15th- The Bedford Arms, Balham London ( w/Guilty Birds Band )

OH, another thing!!!
VINYL is HERE: Want some?

No comments: